- I’m totally ok with Peter Jackson turning The Hobbit into a trilogy. There is so much content from Tolkien outside of the book, that a trilogy should not be a problem. It may end up being a total debacle, but he did such a great job on Lord of the Rings, that I’m more than willing to give him a chance. Plus he made Dead Alive / Braindead, and that’s worthy of a free pass right there.
- I still don’t care about the Olympics. Sorry.
- I’m really liking Spotify. It’s quite awesome to have that much music available on demand.
- I ended up having to buy a new computer. Somehow the screen on my netbook got smashed on our way to Florida. Andrea thinks it was her fault, but it could have been mine as well, because I’m the one who packed the car. I’ve been using a netbook as my primary computer for years, and I really like the form factor. They’re underpowered for a lot of people, but for what I do with it, it works perfectly fine. This is the model I ended up getting. It’s powerful enough to run a few games that I like, and do everything else I need it to do.
- We went to the drive-in Friday night. We saw The Watch and Ted. Both were great. Ted was exactly what I expected it to be, but The Watch was totally not. I was expecting a typical Ben Stiller type comedy, but it was actually a pretty good Sci-Fi movie. The advertising completely doesn’t acknowledge that.
- My work picnic was at Kennywood Saturday. We didn’t even get there until the dinner started at 4, and left about 9. I think that’s the shortest day I’ve ever had at Kennywood, but the tickets were free, and being at Disney a couple of weeks ago makes Kennywood seem awfully lame.
- Speaking of Disney, I really wish I was still there. Best. Vacation. Ever.
- We’ve kicked up our rush nutrition diet again starting this week. We ate pretty much anything we wanted while we were at Disney, and we both put some weight back on, so we’re working on getting it back off. I think we both really need to exercise more as well, but we have a really really hard time with that. We pretty much lack the motivation.
Andrea and I are both participating in the 365 project this year. The goal is to post a new picture every day for a year. So far I mostly have cat pictures. Our girls have enough personality though, so that’s OK.